Re: Conduit for secondary coil form?

Hi Dan,

The TC-2 is just a NEMA standard the PVC form applies to. Should be just fine for a secondary form.
The 4" form I suspect is actually 4.5" when actually measured.

#28 magnet wire closewound will achieve 1000 turns within 15" of the form. I personally would recommend using #24 and cutting the form down to 25", then winding 1100 turns of #24 on the form for 22.5" winding length. This would leave you with 1.25" bare pvc on each end for base and topload mounting. The h/d ratio is 5:1. Sec wire if purchased by weight would be 1.6 lbs. It would be self resonant at 348 kHz and with a topload of say a toroid shape of 4.5"ID x 19.25"OD, the frequency would drop to about 200 kHz. Add a 10 turn 1/4" tubing flat primary with 1" spacing and it would tune in at about 9 turns with a 0.025uF tank cap. For that matter, throw a 12/60 NST to it and it should be good for 45" sparks!

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Danny G." <digitaldanny123@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi folks,
Can I use a plastic Cantex TC-2 piece of above-ground conduit for a secondary form? It's 4" x 5' and gray.

And, how much length of this tube do you think 1,000 ft. of 28awg wire would cover?

Thanks.
Dan--Ft. Lauderdale
(formerly toodamtall1@xxxxxxxxx)