Re: Super Static Gaps

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 6/23/05 1:19:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi John,

Not only is it important to use the correct and larger LTR value for a
SRSG, it is important to have the correct timing.  Only when firing after
peak occurs will the SRSG kick up to the full voltage for the larger LTR
cap.  No type of static gap can do after peak firing (except perhaps
triggered gaps).

Gerry,

Well of course, but I figured Jim must have phased in his gap
properly.  I haven't seen all that much difference with various
LTR values in my coils as long as they were "in the range".
I agree that I don't see how the static gap could successfully
compete with the sync rotary, but I figure some folks may
want to try their own comparisons.

Jim mentioned that his gap spacing was kind of wide and
I know that can cause a lot of problems....

John