Re: High Voltage Experiments

Original poster: jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx

We can get rather nasty shocks from our toroidal two part resonant
coils. Interestingly the powered coil always has much less residual
static charge then the unpowered coil. Perhaps the primary allows the
charge to bleed away.

We can run up a coil 10 times in an afternoon and each time the charge
buildup will be different.

We suspect that the top end capacitor can (but does not always) retain
some charge after powerdown. This weak E feild attracts or repels
charge from the ionized air surrounding the coil. The charge from the
ionized air then settles on the insulation of the wire.

Jared Dwarshuis and Larry Morris