Re: High Voltage Experiment

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

I have gotten shocks from every coil I have had. From 15" on down. After running a while, I wipe them down with one hand and have the other hand touching the torrid. That will get rid of the built up static and no more shocks.

David E Weiss

Original poster: "Bart B. Anderson" <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi David,

Yes, my sonotube never once gave me a shock, and I think I've touched every secondary following a run (just to say "thanks for the show"!). [ after cap discharge following power down ]. Oddly, my 8.5" coil just happens to be the very close to my old 13" coil (69 kHz). The lower frequency coils (larger geometry's) haven't given my a shock (and yes, I've rubbed them. Sounds a little perverted, doesn't it!). The higher frequency coils (as Terry eluded to) did and still do give a shock. As a matter of fact I may do a quick run just to remind me.

That was fun. Small 46" arcs! Little 12/60 does it's job! Hmmm, only a little ZAP, but still a ZAP, as expected. Nothing more however following the first zap. Now the small 2" coil woudl zap you for several "rubs". But hey, I just met a new neighbor! (what the hell was that!).

Take care,
Bart B.

Tesla list wrote:

Hi Bart,

That's an interesting observation. Now that you mention it, it does
seem that the "shocks" that I've experienced were with the smaller
coils. I had also mentioned that I never got shocked with a "sono-
tube" secondary coil coil either but that would be a "larger" coil, too,
wouldn't it? Maybe others can shed some more light on this....

David Rieben