Re: Mounting the motor (phase adjustment RSG)

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 6/21/05 2:29:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have my rotary gap done (except for mounting the motor)...the electrodes
are stationary and I am using an electronic phase controller. I don't know
the cap value yet (its a small motor though like the ones on Terry blakes
website).

My question is, should I bother mounting it yet? ie, the physical front of
the motor will be bolted thru the phenolic....or should I first
mechanically "eyeball it"? (is the latter even acurate?)

If it doesn't really matter, should the phase controller be able to adjust
the alignment even if it it is way off?

If the alignment happens to be too far off, then the phase controller
won't be able to sync it in.  The phase controller gives about half
the total theoretical range.  If you're able to get to the rotor hub
screw after everything is assembled, then you can simply loosen
the screw and rotate the rotor relative to the motor shaft to get it
into range.  That's what I do.

John

Thanks.