Re: Better tuning point?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
Hi All,
I set ScanTesla to run a wide range of secondary inductances and top load capacitances to try and get better performance into a 3.6pF + 220k streamer load. It is a conventional coil (http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/BigCoil/BigCoil.htm) with a 27.7uF primary cap charged to 21kV.
The program found a far better match!!
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/BetterTune.gif

However, the best tune point is with a 507mH secondary coil and only a 4.3pF secondary capacitance. The low secondary capacitance is probably impossible to realize. That would seem to go opposite to our observations that a bigger top load gives bigger sparks.....
The primary and secondary Fo frequencies were 83233 and 107791Hz as opposed to the normal case of 83838 and 87181Hz. So the secondary Fo frequency was tuned 29.5% higher than the primary Fo frequency.
Not sure what it all means.... The full coil data is below.

Verify if the energy transfer is complete. The program apparently just found that if the secondary capacitance is decreased, and the secondary inductance increased to keep things close to tuned, the voltage gain is higher. But you can´t decrease the output capacitance to increase the voltage gain, in practice. Your load, that includes a capacitance, is replacing the coil terminal in this case.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz