Re: metal spinning on DIY

Original poster: "William Noble" <william_b_noble@xxxxxxx>

copper work hardens, you need to heat it. I've tried this - it's not as easy as it may look - my successful pieces were all out of pewter

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: metal spinning on DIY
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 11:38:29 -0600

Original poster: Ben McMillen <spoonman534@xxxxxxxxx>

Mark,
   I tried this once with some sheet copper. I made lots of
'hat-looking' plates, since that's all the further I
managed to get before the metal sheet separated form the
half-formed sphere.. I never quite got the technique down,
although I imagine that aluminum might be a bit more
forgiving..

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_dwtt/episode/0,2046,DIY_19143_35239,00.html