RE: Anti-science movement was re: Cable ZAPPED

Original poster: "Aron Koscho" <kc5uto@xxxxxx>

Steve, All,

I couldn't agree more. In the US specifically people seem to have a
continually decreasing interest in knowledge. When a problem arises most
would rather blame it on someone or something instead of finding what's
behind the problem and how to fix it. Schools would much rather program
kids with drugs and 50 person classes than teach them something they
could actually use, our government seems to gravitate towards "we say
it's right so it can't be wrong", and the media is just along for the
ride. *END RANT*

Point being the quest for knowledge does appear to be on a down turn.
For example; NASA. They are so bogged down in red tape I'm not
convenience the program will be around much longer.

Regardless of current times the scientific community is still here and
quite active. This list is proof of that.

-Aron