Re: Distilled water as a dielectric?

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hmmmm.... Ice and electricity.  See here.
http://tesladownunder.com/misc1.htm#Coin%20shrinking

Peter
Tesladownunder

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau@xxxxxx>
I did a little Googling prior to sending my previous response, and found
this link, http://skua.gps.caltech.edu/hermann/ice.htm, which states
that "Ice Ih has an unusual high static dielectric constant (96.6 at 0 C
compared to 88 for liquid water)."  I'm not sure if "static dielectric
constant" is the same as we're talking about. While I was under the
impression that ice is a good insulator, the link also talks about
protons in ice having a very high mobility, suggesting (I think) that
it's not that good of an insulator.  OK, I'm out of my league here...
Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA