Re: 6ga wire vs 1/4 tubing for 900W coil primary?

Hi,

At low frequencies it should be fine.  See Gary's testing at:

http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/primary_resistance.htm

One problem is tuning. With copper tubing you can just hook to it anywhere with a fuse clip to tune the primary. But insulated wire requires you to cut a lot of tap points in the insulation or just get it right the first time.

Cheers,

        Terry