RE: Large Tesla Coil Construction Details - Comments Requested

Original poster: "Dave Halliday" <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This would probably work great with refrigeration tubing.  You would
want to anneal the tubing first (it's already soft but you want it
_really_ soft)

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G7148

Spend another $50 and get it's bigger brother and add a shear and a
brake:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G6089

You could also check with a local Voc-Tech college -- they probably have
metal working classes and something like this would be a nice project.
A long time ago, I used to use a (then) local high-school print shop
stat camera to do negatives for circuit boards.  Buy some supplies for
the teacher and they are happy to accommodate the occasional project.