Salient Pole Modification

Hi Terry,

I believe it was Gerry that suggested I send you some pictures of what I
believe to be the cut depth based upon where the main fields break out which
I am assuming is the dead zone an the 2 slot cut depth (1/3 HP 3575 r/pm).

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/ArmatureAndStatorSizes.jpg

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/MainFieldBreakout.jpg

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/MainFieldCenter2center.jpg

Please note this is the same on both side and it is assumed that the
smaller, inner field is the start field. Center to center of the top two
main break outs is .375" as represented in the next shot.

This is the measurement from center to center where the main coil breaks out
of the stator. Is this the right way to establish this cut?  Next shot is
the overall picture with armature. Sorry for emailing such a large file.
Would this be better to ftp to H-S?

As always thanks for your help!

Jim Mora

Pretty small yet every slot is utilized. I wonder if it will lock a 11 inch
3/8 G10 @ 3600.
If we could ride on it we would be doing 130 m/hr :)