Correction to ace motor dead zone measurement, on Centers

After reviewing Terry?s notes, I now know the measurement is taken from Center of the winding in the dead zone area which are adjacent to each other in this case. The heavier coils break out in both directions. That distance is 3/8? (was 3/16? side to side). Hope that?s right..

Ace Hardware: 1/3 horsepower ~$29.00. 10 minute disassembly The rotor cut looks easy enough as it is small. 3450 RPM. It Looks simple to modify base yoke/housing (aluminum). Cut off the two mounting studs from outer housing; reattach with heavy duty hose-like clamps or Large muffler clamps for phase adj.

I will post how well this spins/locks a 11.5?, 3/8? G10  disk when its done.

Any suggestions how to set this up via a dual trace scope with ext triggering 120 or 240 bps operation? Magnet Well attached to a spinning electrode ? small fixed induction coil, trigger the scope from the leading edge of the line voltage, attach the other trace on the pick up maybe?

I seem to remember a fluorescent lamp acts like strobe? Black light with a fluorescent timing mark? I have looked at Terry?s cool RS strobe solution.

Please advise if I am incorrect on the 3/8? flat depth.

Regards and Sparks,
Jim Mora