RE: Streamer V/I evolution - Topics Moderator note

Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

Terry,Marco,
My comments below

> >from the high number of replies to my recent post
> dated 7/15/2005
> >(subject "Streamer V/I evolution").
>
> I care ;-))
-----
I saw Marco's posting of the streamer hits to a
grounded target and ,just like Marco ,I was surprised
that nobody responded.
That doesn't mean that nobody was interested in it!
-----

> >  I know that the measurement is trivial but I'm
> still going to
> > elaborate on it and to check if there is anything
> interesting in
> > there (freq. shift of the secondary, bang energy
> balance, etc.).
-----
I can't speak on behalf of others,but the only reason
that I,for one,restricted myself from any comments of
your experimental data ,is that I feel it is premature
to reach general conclusion on a transient streamer
attachment process you observed without more
experiments involved.
-----
> > During the second half of August I'm also going to
> use a better
> > scope with a deeper memory, so that the sample
> rate will be
> > improved.
-----
Looking forward to see more experimental data you are
talking about!
-----

> For a streamer hit, the top voltage should not need
> a super high
> bandwidth but I think the current may.
-----
Both needs a very high bandwith if streamer attaches
to a grounded target properly.
-----

Terry wrote:

>  It rings at
> some high
> frequency...  So be careful of the bandwidth!
-----
In past ,I saw some captures of these very complicated
transients .
All I can say  TC ground  attached arc  "switch" is a
highly nonlinear beast.Frequency is usually very high
(Mhz range) but can also vary in the process.
Inital current spikes can vary drasticaly (by an order
of magnitude or more) as well.
Even worse than that.The streamer/arc may not be the
same beast from shot to shot even in single shot modus
operandi discharge.Needles to say,all that for the
same gap geometry at fixed bang size.That can
discourage those who "mind dare to interprete"

All the Best,
Boris