Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Original poster: Davetracer@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 7/20/2005 9:08:34 AM Mountain Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Steve,

> The fact is that Tesla was wrong in his thinking about how EM
> waves propagate. There is no conspiracy to hush up Tesla's
> world system. It was abandoned because it doesn't work. Those
> aspects of it that _did_ work were pinched by Marconi and
> others, and refined into what we now call radio.

The fact is, you and every engineer on this list are wrong in
your understanding of Tesla's understanding.  Tesla clearly
spelled out that his goal was to eliminate as much as possible
any EM radiation from his Wardenclyffe tower.  In Tesla's view,
if more than 10% of the energy going into Wardenclyffe emitted as
EM radiation, then Wardenclyffe could not work.  He was very
adamant about this.

David, I would certainly be grateful if you would stop characterizing (at least) me as an "engineer" without any "understanding" of Tesla, The Ether, and so forth. I pretty firmly believe in keeping an open mind. Sometimes I do ask questions -- for example, with the cold fusion apparatus, if fusion is really happening, how come the experiments are not dead from the high energy neutrons being emitted? (And I think it is just as well it didn't work, given that "depleted" uranium (-238) can be fissioned by 1MeV and above neutrons -- instant H-bomb).

Keeping an open mind brought me the career success I've had -- e.g., "Is this idea possible?" Yep, it turned out to be possible -- other computers could emulate the Macintosh.

I have a lot of respect for Tesla and the very intuitive thinking he did, especially since he did not have the sort of equipment we have now.

So please, if you could ease up, I'd appreciate it. I bet there's more than one person on the list that just wants to learn.

    -- thanks,

    Dave Small