re: How could a pulse cap operate in TC?

Original poster: "father dest" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

p.s.

look here:
http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/other/spec_pulse_caps.pdf

quote:

"Checking the RMS current

In the past the procedure for checking RMS current
was difficult to perform accurately. Now
the process is made easy by using a new software
package called PulseCAD, available at no
charge from Evox-Rifa. After selecting a capacitor
and entering the maximum ambient temperature,
PulseCAD graphically shows the
allowed RMS current across any desired frequency
range. PulseCAD can be obtained on disk by contacting
Evox-Rifa, or downloaded directly from the
Evox-Rifa Web site: http:\\www.evox-rifa.com."

you see - "allowed RMS current across any desired =frequency="
then go here:
http://www.evox-rifa.com/europe/pulsecad.htm
and download this proggy - only 4mb.

> I believe  Steve said that the dielectric loss was insignificant at our
> frequencies.

i`m not askin about "our frequencies" - here is what i`m talkin about:

  >Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

 >>father dest> it`s useless to write rms rating without its frequency!

 >Not really. 10A RMS will heat a capacitor just the same whether it's
 >at 1 kHz or 500 kHz.

oh yeah? look here:

ESR (F) - http://cis.ru/~dest/1.GIF
Irms (F) - http://cis.ru/~dest/2.GIF

what now?

---
Your not coiling unless your blowing capacitors! Then when you
get thingsworked out to where the capacitors stop blowing, you start
blowingtransformers. (c) Richard Quick 11-03-93 20:42