Re: 7.1Hz, Frequency variation and Q

At 03:08 PM 7/18/2005, you wrote:

"Hi Ed,
Ran JAVATC. The 7.1 Hz "recipe" is below. (The Great Coil)

BTW, this undertaking would be right up there with the great Pyramids of
Egypt!
I can already imagine the best sellers list 3000
years from now (The Great Coil - Was It Built by Aliens?) 8-)

Take care,
Bart"

        You have a lot more imagination than I do when it comes to the
allowable size!  My design used a 200 foot diameter secondary and was
exactly as "practical" as yours; even that made Wardenclyffe look like a
midget.  Should give the faithful something to think about.

Ed

Take a look at some of the Omega antenna installations. They're designed for decent radiation efficiency at around 10-15 kHz. One, in Norway, had the topload suspended over a fiord, with the vertical element hanging down. Your 2/3 mile secondary height isn't far from the dimensions of these things.

There's also 2000 ft high TV transmitter antenna masts around.