Re: Help with my rotary gap (and other tuning problems).....

Original poster: "Adam R." <arabraxas@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The variac is an Ohmite 3 amp 0-135v.....and the motor is an Oriental .03A 7.5w. I'm using a 47uF cap for adjustment.

I know someone who used the same (except a different variac) setup and it worked well....

The variac has numbers on it (1-5). Just by experimenting with it, it seems they are "standard", with 3 being the tap, etc.

I had it hooked up in a variety of configurations on none worked, the fuses blew each time. Eventually I could find one that works? I had the variac setup as in variable inductor set in series with the "inlet" of the motor.