Re: 7.1Hz, Frequency variation and Q

Hi,

I dug up these two papers on the frequency variation and the Q of the Schumann resonances:

http://www.oa.uj.edu.pl/konferencje/2004dwerniczek/prezentacje/Jurij.Maltsev/maltsev_bieszczady.pdf

http://www.ee.psu.edu/faculty/pasko/Publications/yang-sr-3d.pdf

Even has some driving impedance information.

Since the Q is not very high, you would probably be best off with a single fixed frequency. Then a far off detector could be made to pick that single frequency out of all the other noise to maximize the chance of receiving anything. The receiver has to have a little bandwidth since the propagation is going to "wiggle" the frequency along the way a small bit. Making a Tesla coil to track the Schumann resonant frequency for real time tuning is probably not going to gain you anything. If it did work, the FCC would also be a whole lot happier if you were not broadband.

Yang's model points out that you will have to "compete" with all the natural lightning out there too. With a Q of say 5, you could get away with 1/5th of a lightning strike's energy for each cycle. You will also have to compete with a 2.5Km lightning bolt's length with the X-ray beam conductor setup.

The feasibility of it working looks extremely grim to me, but that's not my problem :-) A practical goal might be to send enough of a signal so that a submarine could receive it so as to simplify that present system... They would love to get rid of those giant antennas... There is a change you could get the government to help pay for the effort... But they will pull in the ELF guys and they might "really" be grim about it's feasibility...

For it to work, grounding will be a big issue... But Tesla's system or ground wells have that figured out.

Cheers,

	Terry