RE: DIY HV transformer

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner" <ggreen@xxxxxxxx>

Hello Christopher

I'm guessing that when you removed the center leg, one end had to be cut
off, while the other end was laced into the other laminations. This
would leave some gaps between the laminations and would be somewhat
equivalent to having a air gapped core. The could account for the large
current in the primary. Also sawing through laminations will lessen
their ability to carry magnetic flux, but I don't know if that would
have a big effect. BTW how long did it take you to wind the secondary
coil.

Godfrey Loudner