Re: Tubing size

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 7/12/05 2:32:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the response. I understand what you're telling me. What I need
to know is - when someone on the Tesla list says "use 3/8" tubing for the
primary", do they mean the industry standard 3/8" tube size (that has an OD
of 1/2"), or do they mean "use tubing that measures 3/8" OD" (which would
actually be industry standard 1/4" tubing).

Tim Walters

Hi Tim,

TCrs always refer to the outside diameter because that's where the current travels. In most uses of tubing in the "ordinary world", people are putting stuff through the inside, and the ID is more important to them. Same is true for the plastic pipe used to make secondaries. Coilers are concerned with the outside diameter because that's where the wire goes.

Matt D.