Re: 3D version of ETesla

Hi Ed,

At 03:32 PM 7/8/2005, you wrote:
"If you really want the last BASIC version, let me know and I can dig it
up.  But it is very obsolete...

It was done in QuickBasic.

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/QuickBASIC45.zip

Cheers,

         Terry"

        I really would like to look at the BASIC listing, although I have no
plans for running it.  I'm fairly literate in FORTRAN but never learned
C and do all of my work with Microsoft QuickBASIC on the Mac.  Was this
a PC program using "Microsoft QuickBASIC for Windows"?  I've been
looking for that version for several years.

        Forgot to mention that those were beautiful field plots!

Ed

Here is the basic version I still had:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/E-Tesla3.zip

Sara's conversion to C was a simple one for one Basic to C conversion complete with all the GOTOs. C is not hard to "get" if you get a beginner's book and figure out how to do the basic commands in C... "C++" is the "Devil's version", so stay away from that stuff :o))) Parent, child, constructs, collaberation... Only real programmers "get" C++... The the old plain C is not too bad at all for dummies 0:-))

Forgot to ask if the BASIC you're using has the very limited array size
of the early versions?  256k as I remember.

I think it is 640k since Bill Gates said that was more than we would ever need... But he said I would not be getting 120 SPAMs a day now too >:-p Have never "seen" a pen computer "being used" by anyone either... I run Firefox... The QuickBasic I used was a DOS thing but it runs in a windows DOS box. That is "Disk Operating System" for the "kids" out there ;-))

But yes, there is a limit on array size and I long forgot what it was... It was not too terrible, but the plots I do now are 500 x 500 which is why they look so nice!!

I really like LCC!! It is very easy, very fast, and can be scaled up to do anything... It runs in windows and is free ;-))) Programs seems to port to other OS systems just fine too so Apple and Linux version are no problem. It also does not have anything to do with MicroSoft >:-)) If you need to really "program" something, it is worth getting an easy C book and LCC and getting all "modern" ;-))

Cheers,

        Terry