Re: Terry's Test - Two Manifestations of Charge

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

I was wondering that too... Are the big sparks one-for-one with the small ones, or just a big spark say every say tenth time a small one hits... I'll have to dig through my toy box here to see if I have the stuff to find out...

In my electrostatic setup the bright sparks are clearly less frequent. They only occur when the "capacitor" is charged to the breakout voltage of the spark gap.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz