RE: Terry's Test - Two Manifestations of Charge

Hi Dave,

But just to set things right, the logic for my statement above is
simple.  The capacitor is storing charge and then releasing it in
larger, but less frequent breaks.   That's what a capacitor does.
In my system of physics, increasing the capacitance also
decreases the potential.

I was wondering that too... Are the big sparks one-for-one with the small ones, or just a big spark say every say tenth time a small one hits... I'll have to dig through my toy box here to see if I have the stuff to find out...

So what should I do?  Should I trust your logic and just walk
away from my work, trust my logic and blindly state I'm correct,
or acquire solid data and solve the problem?

We can all draw our own conclusions... I think Malcolm has made up his mind and I did further back ;-)) But it is fun to fiddle with this stuff ;-))

Like politics and religion, I don't think anybody is going to change anybody's mind about the great theories behind all this, so we might as well just forget that... We all know "we" are right and "they" are wrong ;o)))

Cheers,

        Terry

Dave