Re: Maximum MOT`s power for long, reliable operation and life - how much is it?

> 2 - does MOT worth to be put into the oil? Can we consider oil as "a
> good cooler"? Think about inner layers of HV winding - we can`t
> measure temperature right there...

If it is hot on the outside it will be hotter internally. How much
hotter depends to an extent on the amount of varnish, enamel etc.
present. Copper conducts heat well. Oil is routinely used as a
coolant in distribution transformers.

Something to bear in mind, though, is that distribution transformers (or any transformer designed for oil immersion) will be designed so that the oil can flow through it. An MOT is designed for low cost, and whether that is compatible with oil flow is unknown.