RE: Tesla Coil Experiments

Original poster: "Jon Rosenstiel" <jonandcarol@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I used a 2 inch OD X 4 foot tube (0.125" wall thickness) to do this, but
without the neon backfill. I connected one end to my toroid, (a 4", NST
powered coil) grounded the other, fired up the coil and then fired up the
vacuum pump. A very interesting display as the pressure lowers. I never got
around to trying anything but good old air; neon (or other gases) could add
another dimension to the experiment.

Jon Rosenstiel