RE: Terry's Test - Two Manifestations of Charge

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,

> The spark from the toroid to the tube end and from the tube
> end to the ground wire are now exactly the same.

So we can agree that the tube did something to produce the
effect.

> In DaveTest-02 you can see the significant i2 currents
> lighting the florescent tube and how the current increases
> toward the top.

Before you break everything down, could you replace the tube with
a similar rod of copper or aluminum?  I'm wondering whether the
displacement currents are peculiar to the gas tube or whether any
conductor will pick them up.

Also, could you try both the tube and the rod with their opposite
ends grounded?

Thanks,

Dave