Re: Terry's Test - Two Manifestations of Charge

Original poster: "Paul B. Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm sorry but I'm not an "old man," my degree is in Computer Science and Management, most of my physics and electronics knowledge is self taught, and I'm relatively new to the TCML, so I'm not a list old-timer. I do know that I picked up a good bit of knowledge about the scientific method along the way.

I am having a great deal of trouble with statements like, "the different appearance of the two arcs proves my new theory." I don't see how such a loosely put together experiment with absolutely no way to measure and record empirical data and what you describe that you visually observe as the appearance of "different sparks" proves anything at all. One problem, I consider to be a major one, that I see in the way this "experiment" is carried out is that there is no control over the atmosphere in which the sparks are created, along with absolutely no other forms of controls. benchmarks, or standards for comparison. It is so loosely thrown together that I would hardly categorize it as an experiment. I'm sorry if that offends you but it is my honest opinion without intending to disparage your attempts at trying to learn something and prove your ideas. I just think that any experiments performed to attempt to prove anything should follow some pretty well laid out, rigorous, and proven experimental methodologies. Regards.
Paul
Think Positive

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 3:12 PM Subject: RE: Terry's Test - Two Manifestations of Charge