Re: MOT stack rebuild

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Paul.

Thanks for you offer, but since I live in germany
this would be too expensive.
Yesterday I took an 10MOhm resistance meter
and measured between pri/sec and each coil to core.
and could not observe even the smallest deflection
of the meter.... I guess even a light demage would have
left carbon that would show at least some resistive
path below 10MOhms ... at least I guess.
Wowever, using thicker wire on the primary side
won't do anything bad and I had a chance to
visually inspect the transformers.
Currently I fear I misinterpreted the heating which
might not have come from an internal arc-over but
from somthing else.
I suspect one of the cables that connects to one of
the primary connection terminals in the lid of the container.
I have to connect the wires and then put the lid on top,
therefore the wires are pretty long and might have touched
the core of one of the outer transformers. As the cable is only
cloth insulated, there would just be a small gap of cloth and oil
which I doubt would stand the 10KV, maybe not arcing but
some current flow or corona like leakage.

OK, so much for now, thanks a lot for you answer and kind offer.

best regards

Christoph

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 8:06 PM Subject: Re: MOT stack rebuild