Re: Air cored Tesla coils for high voltage?

"  So my question could you make the transformers to
power a tesla coil be air cored?
  Then another question is could you make the toroid on
the tesla coil be lightweight?

Bob Clark"

	Answer to both is yes.  In the case of the TC the question to be asked
is whether, for the same weight,  an air-cored coil can produce the same
output voltage and current as one with ferrite core.  I'm not an expert
but I suspect the answer will be in favor of the one with the ferrite
core.

Ed