[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Hello from The Newbie

Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I assume you'll be opting for a neon sign transformer (NST)
> as your high voltage transformer? Call up some neon sign
> shops in Atlanta and ask if they have some of the old non-
> GFI ballast transformers that they would sell you or look
> on ebay for them. Many people have a lot of trouble trying to
> get the newer GFI transformers work in a Tesla circuit.

When scrounging surplus...If you call, they'll likely tell you they don't
have anything (especially non-GFI)

 Go in person and ask nicely if they've got anything on the scrap pile that
might work (any 9, 12, 15 kV, any current from 15 mA on up).  They might
also have some scraps of GTO15 wire (that's the HV plastic wire they use for
wiring the signs) that will be handy.  You don't need more than 3 or 4 feet,