Re: Wireless Transmission

Original poster: "Mike" <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Drew, Steve, Ed, List
I've been watching this thread with some interest.
Some say, interesting, study this, then decide; Some say, no way and the
mind slams shut, never to re-open. This list is made up of many hard working,
creative experimenters that are constantly sharpening skills, sharing ideas
and doing some really cool things. That's why when I go to my email, this
is the first list I read, even before private messages, unless it is from a list
member I know. Though we are people with technical interests and of
many skill levels of current technology, compared to those who will follow
us in 200 years, we are at best only slightly clever. To those of 200 years ago,
we are brilliant, beyond their belief, if they were with us now. Einstein was very
much not comfortable with the entangled pair; The idea that one particle and
another a great distance away acted at the same time, one went up, the other
down, one went clockwise, the other clockwise, with no time delay. We have
much proof of this now. Bang a laser beam into a non-linear crystal and sometimes
you get an entangled photon pair at half the frequency (and energy), send one to
miles of fiber-optics, keep the other local. What happens to one happens to the
other, just inverse, no time delay. That breaks rules. It's messy and he did not like
that. Often, such is the mind set of academia. If you have done a paper that cuts
across the grain of established thinking, just watch what the peer review people
do to you. Pressure is applied that "This is how we have always done that and
this is how we will keep doing it, so fall back in line or else". So many think that
if there is to be any change, all must agree or at least those with the most clout.
Yes it may be true that, as some have indicated, Tesla was not what we would
now call a math wizard but I think he was a brilliant person, who saw things in
a very different way and he understood, trusted his instincts. So, it may have
been hard to get the idea he was thinking to the mind of a high end mathematician
who knew only math and there was a communications barrier so what could have
been explained to the current science people via math was not done.
Or maybe he really did not want the entire concept understood. Stealing ideas
was rampant then, as it is now. I do not concern myself about this theft issue
of non-disclosed ideas because I can always explain to the thief that they are my
best collateral. Certainly, not all the great minds are right all of the time but they
do /did better than most of us, on average. In the end, I think established and
resistant science beat Tesla down unjustly and the kinder pigeons he sat feeding
were more worthy company, for they were not judgmental, only hungry and soothing.
If I told somebody about what entangled pairs do, who never heard about that,
likely I would hear "Ya, right". If some theory comes along conflicting with an
existing belief system, great resistance is common. Fortunately, not always
so we have, as a technology, steadily grown. So, I ask that some cut Tesla
some slack, he did bring much to us and his reward was that big money and
stiff minded, possibly jealous fellow scientists helped cut him down. He was
a scientist, not just an inventor.
Here are some links regarding Zenneck Waves, Scalar Waves. What I
believe about them is not important, that you give the concepts fair reading,
deciding one way or the other, or decision pending, is important. Move forward.
http://www.tfcbooks.com/articles/tws4.htm

http://www.tricountyi.net/~randerse/prodwav.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

Regards,