RE: Wireless Transmission

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>Does anyone have info or knowledge about Wendover?

Wendover Air Force Base was where Robert Golka built his famous "Project
Tesla" magnifier. It was a similar power and size to Tesla's own transmitter
at Colorado Springs.

The bottom line on wireless power transmission: It did work, and is a pretty
cool party trick, but wires turned out to be more practical. It worked
according to known laws of physics, and all that scalar wave stuff is hooey.

>~Hertzian (wave-transmission) or ~(Hertzian-wave) transmission. The >second case is the transmission of power without using EM waves

I suppose DC current flowing in a pair of wires is as close as you'd get.
But I once saw an analysis suggesting (to me at least) that even with DC the
power to the load is actually carried by the fields around the wires and not
the wire itself. The only power present "inside" the wire is the I2R losses.
I don't know if this is true or if I interpreted it right.

Steve C.