Re: Looking for demo ideas for TC

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 1/5/05 1:59:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
A weather balloon filled with argon to make a giant plasma globe
(Would this work?)

I was thinking of doing this myself, but for a different effect. I was hoping to have the arc puncture the balloon after it was set in place, thus releasing a large cloud of argon into the immediate surroundings of the running coil.
I do have my reservations that the ensuing ultra-long discharges and effect on the spark gap might cause the whole TC to self-destruct almost instantaneously.

-Phil LaBudde
(might be worth it... in somebody else's garage!)