Re: ignition coil power source

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

No. Most ignition coils provide 3-5 mA of current. Not really enough power as TCs like high current to quickly charge the cap bank. NSTs will provide much higher average currents to the caps.

A 12 kV 30 or 60 mA unit will work best.

Dr. Resonance > > Can anyone please tell me do ignition coils generally > output more than 30ma of current because I am thinking > of using an ignition coil to power my tesla coil? > E-mail me at dimon20042004@xxxxxxxxx > > ===== > > >