Re: Copper Banding?

Original poster: "Terry Blake" <tb3@xxxxxxx>

Hi Karl,

The spacing material is  0.25" thick x 0.75" wide polyethylene foam strip
(sticky on 1 side).  I have had hits to the primary, but the foam is
recessed by 1/4", so it is not really exposed to the high voltage.   I do
have some burn spots caused by the clamp I use to tap onto the primary, but
they have not been a problem.

If I needed to repair an area, I could easily lift out a small segment of
the primary (foam is sticky on 1 side only), cut away the burnt foam with a
razor blade, and then replace with a new foam piece (if needed).  It would
take maybe 5 minutes.  There would be no need to redo the whole thing.

Cheers,

Terry Blake
Coiling in Chicago.
http://www.tb3.com/tesla/index.html