Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Buss cap damage...

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,

Maybe you can use a couple of 942C6W2P5K caps in place of youjr 940C cap. These are rated at:

2.5uf
600Vdc
300Vac
ESR 3 milliohms
ESL 37nh
dV/dt 628 V/us
Ipk 1570 amps
Irms 19.5 amps
Body size = 2.13x1.26 in
Lead dia = 0.047 in

Gerry R

So I tore apart the old 4.7uF 600V 940C 6W4P7K CD buss cap I still had, and a brand new one......

I first noted the old one had an odor of "fried chicken" ;o)) I only have my new Buck 277 hunting knife and my Channellock 349 linesman's plier here tonight... But I think I see the end plate connections on the old cap are "fried"... I think, "again", those weenie "metalized film" caps have let us Tesla coilers down as we push thousands of amps through them :o)))