Re: power factor correction

Original poster: Dan Kunkel <dankunkel@xxxxxxxxx>

hi bobby,

PFC's help reduce the inductive lag. inductors oppose changes in
current, while capacitors oppose changes in voltage. the primary coil
in your NST has a lot of inductance, so you are going to need a lot of
capacitance to balance it out.

(this assumes you are putting 120 vac @ 60 Hz)
12-30=66uF
15-30=82uF

PFC's are NOT required, they just help to bring the voltage and
current in phase with each other, there by reducing total current draw
from you electric company and lowering you electric bill. this is
important for home air conditioners, fridgerators etc...

hope this helps,
Dan