RE: Beginner questions

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

It reads as if you have a router so here is the way I did it and it was easy. I drilled all the holes at 17/64, that give you about .015 to play with, then I used the router and cut my 8,1/4" thick supports down until the outbd holes were almost to the C/L of the hole. I left the one inbd hole on each support full dia to start winding . After starting the .250 dia copper in the .265 dia holes it just snapped into the other partial holes , as I moved around I used a little hot glue to help when needed. I hope I made my self clear enough. If you want I can send you a picture by direct e-mail.

I used 12 ga on my first coil with a 30ma NST and Geek Bucket Caps

Rich

2. Do you have any words of wisdom on constructing the
primary? Mine will be 12 turns of .25 copper tubing
held by HDPE cutting board. They start at 6" diam. to
17". I originally planned for 6 supports, but not only
was it incredibly hard to "wind" it, but the glue
holding the plastic to the board support gave out. I
know glue wasn't the best idea, so I'm now routing
ruts into my board to slip the strips of HDPE into.
I'm kind of struggling. There's got to be an easier
way to this. Any ideas?

                          Thanks for the help,
                               Tyler