Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Odd IGBT damage??

Well this is funny ;-))

Here are the old IGBTs:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DRSSTColdIGBTs.gif

I replaced them and here is how it looks now:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DRSSTCnewIGBTs.gif

Hahahhaaa!! ZERO difference!!! I spent all night cutting out four perfectly good IGBTs...

Ok, It's cool!! Best not to have damaged the IGBTs in "any" case :-)) Now I don't have to cut into them...

I also replaced the IGBT drive boards with the newer version that fixes the voltage clearance problem. That had no effect either other than making the board much safer. There was a possibility the TLP250s got damaged, but I tried new ones last night...

So I figure it might be the "mode thing" tending to keep the output voltage high during turn off or I pushed the wrong button on the scope or something. Whatever... The importance of it just went WAY DOWN on my list of worries ;-))

So, Not much at all to ponder now ;-))

Cheers,

	Terry