RE: Terry's DRSSTC actually hooked to a coil now >:-))

Hi Steve,

At 03:52 AM 2/2/2005, you wrote:
But generally- If the primary and secondary are tuned exactly to each other
then the self resonant driver will output both frequencies at once and
excite both modes equally. If there is any difference in the tuning, one
mode will be excited more than the other and will grow while the other dies
away.

So one "path" ends up with the lower mode fully excited and the upper one
zero. The other path has the upper mode excited and the lower one zero.

I played with MicroSim and found that if I increase the primary inductance about 7uH I should be able to get this cool waveform:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/NightmareWave.gif

It might be hard since the tuning for both modes being equal is pretty precise!! But I can fiddle with the long primary wires I have in real time. I imagine the real coil will tend to snap into one mode too rather than follow the mathematically perfect model MicroSim gives. It will be a cool test and important since this is a situation the thing will have to survive!

So I am getting the dual mode thing figured out now *;-))

Cheers,

        Terry