Re: distribution transformer in socal?

Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

I just got back from picking up my piggie.  It is made
by GE, 17200V, 10KVA, 240/120V single phase, dual
bushing.  It's a beauty!

He also gave me a GIANT wire resistor to use as a
ballast.  Question, do I need to use a resistor like
this if I ballast with a arc welder, or is the welder
alone good enough?

Thanks,

Curt.