Re: Terry's New Plane Wave Antenna

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

> initial breakdown voltages are not significantly different.

> initial breakdown electric field

now i see where you`re mistaken:

>>B&R "Spark discharge", page 284:
>>"6.11.1. Negative leader.
>>[...]
>>it`s more difficult to make the breakdown by the negative voltage, we
>>need higher voltages to do that."

"we need higher voltages _to break the gap_" - NOT to start the corona
or the streamer, coz streamer may just stop in the middle of the gap,
or in 1 cm nearby of the anode for example - in both cases you don`t
get breakdown.

you were just out of context or in the wrong one.

-----
Let the bass kick Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz =:-D