Re: stripping magnet wire

It depends on the temp rating of the magnet wire. If it is the low temp, it will melt and burn off with a solder pot or hot solder iron. If the high temp stuff, you may need to use sand paper or scrap it off (depending on the guage). I just used an exato blade to scrap the heavy build insulation off of 8 awg 200 degree C insulation, but then again 8 awg is almost indestructable.

Gerry R

Original poster: Just Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

I've never worked with magnet wire before...can anyone tell me the easiest way to
strip the insulation?

Thanks!

Justin in Austin