Re: Terry's New Plane Wave Antenna

Hey All,

If nothing more than a sheet of copper is required, then that is nice and easy. Easy enough for those with planewaves to test. But not until after the holidays, at least for me!

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

> Original poster: "Gerry  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> HI Terry and Bart and others,
>
> Im just curious.  Seems like the H field from the toroid is tangental
> to the plane wave antenna.  If so, it seems like eddy currents are
> not an issue. Terry, have you noticed a difference with the "fractal"
> version of you antenna vs the solid copper version??
>
> Gerry R,

Not sure what the H field direction would be at either the toroid or the
antenna.
The antenna is working in the near field of the coil that contains a
supposition of normal (probagating) EM waves such that most of the H fields
cancel leaving a large H field.
So its hard to say what direction the H filed is from simply knowing what
the E field is.
The whole near far field/impedance thing was discussed adnorsium in
connection the power transmission thing.

Its does not do much plane wave detecting so its misleading to call it a
plane wave antenna. I more accurate term would be a capacitive probe.
I agree it very unlikely that anything more than a sheet of copper is
required anymore so than the plates of a capacitor.

Robert (R. A.) Jones
A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl
407 649 6400