Re: Question on DF-DRSSTC

Hi,

At 11:10 PM 12/21/2005, you wrote:
Teryy,
I am starting to put together a DF-DRSSTC based on your design.

Cool!

I would like to know why you are using a flat primary with evidently a low coupling as compared to other DRSSTC's which seem to be using helical primaries and higher coupling?

I just used a primary I already had. Simple as that... The coupling is like 0.17 so it is not bad at all. If you are making a whole new coil and everything, feel free to make the primary a cone if you wish. This program finds the coupling:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Programs/MANDKV31.ZIP

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Programs/MANDKV31.PDF

Also, what are the characteristics on your secondary?

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/notes/DRSSTCspecifications.pdf

Most of these specs are for my regular DRSSTC, but the secondary is the same.

Cheers,

        Terry

Thanks
Jim Zimmerschied