Re[2]: Build own capacators

Original poster: Illicium Verum <sebas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Tim,

yes they where quite common in old radios and come in small values, but... a standard MMC for a 15KV 30mA NST is only 9.16 (out of my head) definitely not 150nF as this would require a 15KV 700mA transformer (out of my calculator ;)

But your question was how to build one yourself and calculate the required material to build something similar but than with a higher voltage and capacitance.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer on that one.

Maybe someone else on the list?

Sebastiaan