Re: Capacitor Help

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Gary

> If your NST has one side tied to case, you can't use a 3 terminal gap.
OK, its not an NST but a transformer I wound on my own, but this should not change
much.

> When you say there one side of the secondary tied to the mains ground,
> you mean tied to the case, right?
Yes, I have only one secondary on one leg of the core, directly wound to the metal
core
and the inner end electrically connected to the core to keep the voltage stress small
between the
core and the innermost windig layers.
The point where the winding is connected to the core is additionally connected to
mains ground
at the time, but can be easily changed to RF ground.
I only feared that using RF ground could somehow mess up the isolation of the
secondary to the core.

> Connect the RF ground to the case, and use a 2 terminal
> safety gap between the case and HV bushing.
I currently use such a 2 terminal gap, so all I should do is move the ground
connection.

thanks

Christoph Bohr