Re: Lead Free (was Re: CD MMC caps from DigiKey...)

It is sort of "really freaking spooky!!!!!........."

I was at King Supers, that giant food retailer, today. Maw had a cold, so I went too to help push the cart around... The intercom's normal "buy this and that" bantering... But then something really "grabbed" me... The nice lady on the store's mic was talking of Christmas wreaths and such... And then,!!!... how they had "lead free" solder to help make wreaths and Christmas stuff with!!!!!!!!

I first, thought I had finally gone totally insane (hope hope!!), way too much early morning Tesla list stuff... Maybe that back pain med... (I blew out T4 in my back a week ago) But that was just 200mg of Advil... Unlike the "Rush med", not a hallucinogenic... I have a leaking O-ring on the fuel injected FORD 5.0L... Maybe them gas fumes... But no, it was true, They really were talking about "lead free solder wire" over the intercom at the grocery store today..... The King Super's intercom was trying to get me to buy lead free solder, while I had a roll of just purchased LF solder in my shirt pocket from Radio Shack!!!...

It really was some canned "read them this message thing", and her voice tone gave away that "she" did not have the slightest clue about why this "lead free" thing was so important over in the gifts and crafts department... I never made it over to check it out... I think "lead free" hit the crafts things market a year or two sooner... One of those read this vendor's line" things...

But it now appears you can't even go get "grocery shopping" without hearing about "lead free" ;-)))

It was pretty freaky(!!!!!!!!) since I had been posting about lead free so much that morning!!!!

I wondered if I could somehow get her to mention that lead free solder was good for "Tesla coils" too... (That "Mike Hunt" idea thing... >:o)))) But maw was yelling at me about the %*%&%& cart not going fast enough and all......

Mark, the issue is what was CD using for the cap's end connection material for your coil.... I think they call it "sloopage"??? If it was lead free back then too, then you win!!!!!!!!

I am happy this lead free thing is "behind" our hobby now  %:-))))))))

Cheer's

        Terry