Re: Capacitor Help

Original poster: "MalcolmTesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 7:30 PM

> Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Ground is RF ground. The way I install grounds is not in the "book" but
> here goes. I have done this several times for RF grounds. Take a 10ft
> length of copper tube, sweat a hose fitting on one end. Hook a water
> hose to it, get on a ladder with tube and hose in hand, have wife turn
> on water as you hold open end to the ground. The waster flow will cut a
> hole for the tube to go into. If you don't have rocky soil you can have
> a 10ft grounding rod. If rocky go as far as you can and do it again and
> have 2 5ft rods. Tie the two rods together and away you go.
>
> Rich , from the middle of Missouri

I just replied to Bart about the RF grounding into the ground with copper
pipe.  I didn't realize this going to be a requirement and I had planned on
running this at work in our annual christmas tree decoration contest.  We
have a wire cage made to look like a tree and this Tesla Coil I'm building
will be in the middle.  Obviously we don't have access to copper pipes in
the ground in the office.  Are there alternatives I can use?

Thanks
Malcolm in Kansas City